Ouija Board Instructions
Do Ouija boards really work?
An ouija board can be a useful spiritual tool to glean information from the spirit realm. With practice, this mystical divination tool can help you open the doors to your own natural psychic ability. Most who use an oujia board do not take it seriously. But… if you are serious about learning how to communicate with spirits through the Ouija board and you are willing to practice, you may find the results to be very interesting.
How does an Ouija Board work?
An ouija board is a divination tool to help you learn how to communicate with spirit and to jump start your natural psychic abilities. The goal should be to get to the point that you can work without the board . Once you learn how to connect with spirit and interpret the messages, the board will slow you down. You may not get to that point because you don’t have time to practice or you may not have a group that is as focused as you are on learning. There is nothing wrong with that.
Are there dangers in using an Ouija Board?
Yes! Information that you get should not be taken too seriously. Don’t ask questions like “when am I going to die” or “should I quit my job” or “is my husband cheating on me?”. Don’t ask legal or medical advice. If you have questions of this nature…. Ask about the outcome of the given situation. But take all messages and advice with a big grain of salt.
Always work with positive energy. You are opening a door for spirits to enter your home. Like energy attracts like energy in the spirit world. You may get more than you bargain for if you want to be scared. Work with a mature group of adults. If things start to go off track, call it a night.
I don’t believe in allowing kids to use an Ouija board. I hope you would not consider one as a gift for someone else’s child. I would be furious if someone gave my child an Ouija board. That is a choice that only a parent should make. This isn’t a toy. If your child wants to use the board, make sure he/ she uses it with you or an adult that you trust their judgment.
1st – Place Ouija board in the center of a small table. Place planchette (pointer) in middle of board. Rest fingers lightly on the planchette to allow it to move freely and easily.
2nd – Only one person ask questions at a time. Ask a clear question and wait a few minutes for the planchette to move. It will probably start off quite slowly and you may have to wait several minutes for that much. As it gains strength, it will point to letters to spell words out.
3rd – For best results, you need to stay focused on your questions and stay within the same topic. Everyone must be mature about this session or you will get confused or garbled messages. Remember – like energy attracts like energy. If you are not serious, then you will not find a spirit that is reliable.
4th – Keep your board in good condition. Store it in a cool, dry place. Keep the surface clean and smooth (I like to use a soft cloth with a tiny amount of Pledge)
5th – Remember to “close the doorway” when your session ends. Thank your spirit helpers for their guidance. Send them on their way with a blessing. Announce aloud in a firm voice “this session is ended and this doorway is now closed”. Feel free to say a prayer or ask for a blessing from god(dess), angels, spirit guides etc…
Ouija Board Hints
· Have someone sit out and take notes. If there isn’t an extra person, tape record the session. It not uncommon for messages not to be clear until it’s written down and you can see the message and decipher it. If you can video the session, you may pick up orbs or other ghostly images.
· Use your Ouija at night when the world begins to quiet down.
· If at any point you feel afraid or uneasy about what is happening, tell the spirit to leave in a strong and loud voice. If you are very scared.. end the session as mentioned above making sure to “close the doorway”.
· Often, especially in new boards, the planchette won’t move. Slowly circle it round and round until a spirit takes over. As you do that, you may ask a prayer for help in drawing a good and helpful spirit. If your board doesn’t work after that, you may want to try it again another time.
Ouija Board suggestions:
· Wipe your board clean with a soft cloth and furniture polish (we recommend Pledge) before each use
· Before and after each use, smudge your board with a sage bundle or any purifying incense http://www.alleghenycandles.com/sage-smudge-stick.html
· Smudging is the Native American version of a “smoke bath” and is used to cleanse and purify negative and residual energy.
· Participants should take a moment to relax and ground their energy. A guided meditation that allows you to balance your chakras is a good idea.
· When everyone is settled down and ready to work, light a white candle.
· State, in a clear strong voice, that no negative or harmful energies be attracted to your Ouija Board. Tell any negative forces present that they are now banished and dismissed.
· Some people believe that a prayer is a good protection before an Ouija board session. Ask for a helpful and positive spirit to assist you on this night.
· You can use an Ouija board alone. However, it is very difficult to draw the energy needed when working alone.
· Remember, the Ouija board is an open door for spirit communication. When your session is over, thank the spirit(s) who have aided your spiritual work and send them on their way with a blessing. Close the “door” by stating aloud that the session is over and the door is now closed to spirit. I suggest that you smudge the board and do a prayer of protection.
· Store your board in the box when not in use. Do not place anything on top of it as it may mare the surface.
Things you should know before working the Ouija board.
Ouija Boards are not evil nor do they attract the devil. It is merely a tool with which one connects and communicates with spirit. It is what you do with the board that can bring positive or negative results.
With a new board, you will probably need at least 4 people to get it going. It takes a lot of energy to get things moving. Make sure you have 4 to 8 mature adults that have a genuine interest in communicating with spirit. You want people that you trust and that share your ethics and goals for spiritual work.
Try to meet at least monthly – the full moon is believed to be the night where the veil between the physical and spiritual is at it’s thinnest.
Working the Ouija board is a type of automatic writing. Between sessions, you could work on automatic writing to hone your skills.
NEVER allow anyone that is under the influence of alcohol or drugs to participate or even be present. Anyone that is sick, depressed, unduly stressed, worried etc…. should not participate as they can draw in a lower vibration spirit.
You may wish to try other kinds of divination in order to get confirmation or clarification from spirit on ouija messages (tarot, runes, pendulum and crystal balls… etc…).
Ouija boards are NOT a suitable or appropriate gift for child or unsupervised teens especially when they are not your own kids.
Messages can come in other forms than just words. You may feel, smell or taste “messages”. Make sure you make note of that. It is often the signature of a spirit. I had a little boy that died in a fire that came with the aroma of smoke. Don’t let it scare you… it is just another way they try to reach you. Not everyone will experience this extra message which is why you should share it with everyone.
An Ouija board session is very much like a séance. If an object appears… this is called an apport. It appears to come from “nowhere”. This is a very rare a special gift.
Always call spirits for whom you are searching by their given name or nickname. Just keep in mind… most women are known to someone as “mom”.
Suggestion for an Ouija Board that doesn’t work:
Ouija boards don’t work every time. Here are some suggestions when nothing seems to be happening. But remember, if you have tried these suggestions and nothing is happening, you may want to call it quits and have another go on a different night. It’s mostly a matter of practice and discovering what works best for you. We give instructions on use to get you started and from there… just practice.
If not much is happening:
· try bringing new people into your group that you can trust
· try putting different combinations of people on the board to see if things improve
· try various locations (members homes… especially those that have had psychic activity)
· try different locations in a home… attic, basement, barn etc…. It seems that places that have been empty for years become more active. I have heard of people using their board in a cemetery. Only your group can decide if that’s appropriate or not.
I wish you good luck in your new quest for spiritual wisdom.