Chakra Healing Meditation
I use this meditation almost every morning before I even get out of bed so I start off with clear and balanced chakras. However, you may want to meditate later in order to create a calming atmosphere to aid in your meditation. You may wish to: light incense, candles, play soothing music or move to a sacred space.
Chakra Clearing – to clear away negative energy from the chakra
Chakra Balancing – to balance the chakras so they are similar in size
Chakra Healing – when clearing and balancing are done together
- The bottom 3 chakras deal with more mundane issues and the upper ones are more spiritual in nature.
- Starting from the root chakra, each chakra spins clockwise a little faster than the one below it.
- Using the diagram as a guide, you can see the approximate size that you should visualize to balance your chakras.
- If during the day, you notice your cheerful attitude slipping, mentally scan your chakras to identify the problem. You can take a moment or two to clear and balance a chakra without going through the whole meditation.
- If you choose to meditate lying down, you can lay chakra crystals on your chakras. They are used as a meditation aid and may make the meditation more effective. Please check out our chakra crystal healing kit www.alleghenycandles.com/chakra_balancing.html
- If you have difficulty doing this meditation, you may tape record yourself reading it. We do offer a chakra healing book and CD set by Doreen Virtue that corresponds closely to this meditation. www.alleghenycandles.com/chakra_balancing.html
- You may wish to wear rainbow clothing or jewelry or have rainbow in your home décor to remind you to stay focused on your chakras.
The most important thing you need for proper meditation is to learn to breath properly. You should breath in through the nose deeply filling your lungs to capacity. To breath deeply enough, your abdomen should expand to fill the bottom of your lungs. Most Americans breath only with the top portion of their lungs which explains why we are subject to lung related illnesses and poor circlulation. You should exhale deeply and slowly and completely. Hold for 2 seconds and inhale again. If you have never meditated before then you will need to practice this method of breathing.
Find a place to meditate where you will least likely be disturbed. If you feel the need, prepare the area with candles, music, incense etc… Move your cell phone to another room. If you live with adults, let them know that you are going to meditate and not to be disturbed. If you have small children, you will do best to meditate while they are sleeping. Shut pets out of the meditation room. Wear loose comfortable clothing.
- If you have trouble staying focused during meditation, just return to the point where your mind wandered. Don’t get angry or frustrated at yourself as meditation is a learned discipline.
- If you feel the need to spend more time on a chakra or you lose concentration, you can work on that chakra until you are satisfied.
- You can control the length of your meditation by increasing the time spent on each chakra.
Once your meditation area is ready, it is time to begin. Meditation can be done sitting in a chair or on the floor, lying down or in a reclining position. You will have to find which position allows you to relax enough without falling asleep. Which ever position you use, arms and legs should be relaxed and not crossed (unless you are using a meditation position that calls for it such as Yoga).
- Once positioned comfortably, begin breathing deeply, slowly and rhythmically. Imagine yourself becoming more and more relaxed with each breath. Feel tension melting out of your body starting at the top of your head and flowing into the floor.
- Continue to breath properly. When you are relaxed, visualized a large white bubble around you. This is a shield of protection during your meditation. Once you can see this bubble in your mind’s eye, you are in a safe place protected by your angels and spirit guides.
- Now you begin to work on clearing and balancing your chakras.
- In your mind’s eye, visualize a cloud of bright ruby red. Breathe deeply and take this cloud into your lungs. As you exhale, push that energy down into the genital region of your body. Repeat the breathing in of the red cloud 3 more times and pushing it downward. With each breath, visualize the red in the lowest part of the trunk of your body becoming warm and energized. Watch as this lovely ruby red color swirls and circles clockwise in your root chakra. The root chakra is the area of security (financial, emotional) and safety (physical, spiritual).
- Next, visualize a cloud of bright orange. Breathe deeply and take this cloud into your lungs. As you exhale, push the orange color down into the naval region of your body. Repeat the breathing in of the orange cloud 3 more times and pushing it downward. With each breath, visualize this cheerful orange color growing more intense and swirling and circling clockwise in your naval chakra region. The sacral or naval chakra is the area of sexual energy and balance (emotional, spiritual and mundane). Clearing this chakra helps restore balance in relationships (romantic, friendships, relatives and with ourselves) and in your personal life (finance, addiction, good and bad habits).
- Again, visualize a cloud of bright sunny yellow. Breathe deeply and take this cloud into your lungs. As you exhale, push the yellow cloud down into the solar plexus region of your body (just below your breast bone). Repeat the breathing in of the yellow cloud 3 more times, pushing it downward. With each breath, visualize this yellow color growing brighter, swirling and circling clockwise in your solar plexus chakra region. The solar plexus chakra is the area of power, energy and control. Clearing this chakra helps regain power and control of situations surrounding yourself where before, others had. It also helps you have more self-discipline and willpower.
- Visualize a cloud of bright emerald green. Breathe deeply and take this cloud into your lungs. As you exhale, push the green cloud into the heart region of your body. Repeat the breathing in of the green cloud 3 more times, pushing it into the heart area. With each breath, visualize this green color growing brighter, swirling and circling clockwise in your heart chakra region. The heart chakra is the area of love, emotions and well-being. Clearing this chakra helps recover from emotional pain and suffering, allows one to open their heart to love from others and to learn to love oneself. Healing this chakra also encourages forgiveness of others or oneself. This chakra also helps open you to the psychic ability of clairsentience (which means clear-feeling) also known as intuition and divine guidance coming through feelings and emotions.
- Visualize a cloud of brilliant sky blue. Breathe deeply and take this cloud into your lungs. As you exhale, push the blue cloud into the throat region of your body. Repeat the breathing in of the blue cloud 3 more times, pushing it into the throat area. With each breath, visualize this blue color growing brighter, swirling and circling clockwise in the throat chakra region. Feel your throat growing warm and energized. The throat chakra is the area of self-expression and communication. Clearing this chakra helps you to clearly communicate your thoughts and feelings to others openly and honestly. Balancing this chakra helps you give and receive spiritual messages more freely (clairvoyance). It allows you to find the right words to use these messages to help others.
- Visualize a cloud of indigo blue. Breathe deeply and take this cloud into your lungs. As you exhale, push the indigo cloud into the 3rd eye region or brow chakra of your head. Repeat the breathing in of the indigo cloud 3 more times, pushing it into the 3rd eye area. With each breath, visualize this indigo color growing brighter, swirling and circling clockwise in your 3rd eye region. The 3rd chakra is the area of higher consciousness and psychic awareness. Clearing this chakra helps you to operate from a more spiritual state of being. The brow chakra when balanced can be a connection to the spiritual realms. It can awaken one’s intuitive ability and open communication with higher beings.
- Visualize a cloud of bright royal purple. Breathe deeply and take this cloud into your lungs. As you exhale, push the purple cloud into the top portion of your head. Repeat the breathing in of the purple cloud 3 more times, pushing it into the crown area. With each breath, visualize this purple color growing more intense, swirling and circling clockwise in your crown chakra region. The crown chakra is the area of divine guidance Clearing this chakra helps you gain claircognizance (clear-knowing) and to receive guidance for divine energy.
- When you complete the crown chakra, you should scan down through your chakras one last time to make sure they are all approximately the same size and each one is spinning clockwise just a little faster than the one below it. You can mentally make adjustments as needed.
- Take a moment to reflect on how good you feel at this moment. Allow yourself to be at peace and to be thankful for the blessings that have been bestowed upon you by spirit.
- In your mind’s eye, take a quick look at the white shield that you placed around yourself earlier. Visualize tiny rainbow sparkles within it. Do not clear away this shield, take it with you throughout the day. It serves as more of a filter than a shield. It will help protect you from negativity and by staying in it, you will be living from a more spiritual state of awareness.
- When you are ready, get up slowly from your meditation. Take a moment to stretch and become fully aware before you return to the mundane world.
If you have enjoyed this meditation and have found it helpful, you are encouraged to share it with others. All I ask is that it not be edited and I get full credit with my contact information.
© Amy Summers
firstname.lastname@example.org (888) 867-8695
Allegheny Candles – Hermitage, PA 16148