How to Cleanse or Purify Crystals
Cleansing should be done in a way that you feel most comfortable with. It should be done when you acquire a new stone and before each use.
- Salt: Bury your stone(s) in sea salt for 24 hours.
- Sun or Full moon: Lay your stone(s) out where they will be blessed by the sun or moon’s rays
- Running Water: Put your stone(s) in a creek and allow the water to cleanse them (be sure to mark the spot so you can find them again). Be mindful that kids and animals are attracted to them and may take them. Place them where they won’t be easily spotted by passers by. If you don’t have access to a creek, then use running tap water.
Thunderstorm or snowstorm: Place your stone(s) outside when you know a storm is coming. It it’s not only a powerful cleanser… but an energizer as well.
- Meditation and Prayer: Meditate or pray over your stone(s) and visualize the negativity being cleared away.
- Smudging: The smoke from sage, herbs, resins and incense can be used to “smudge” negativity. Ignite the sage and blow it out so it smolders. Fan the smoke over your stone(s). You can find a variety of sage products offered on my website: http://www.alleghenycandles.com/sage-smudge-stick.html
- Earth: Bury your stone(s) during the full moon. Dig them up when they “feel” finished or during the next full moon. Remember to mark the spot so you can find them again.
How to Program a crystal
If you have a specific purpose for your stone, then you may want to program it with certain energies as an aid for your work. (healing, meditation, channeling, divination, cleansing, affirmations, manifesting, protection etc…)
Hold the stone in your receptive hand (the one you do not write with). Visualize your energies mingling and you merging with the stone. At this point, you should RESPECTFULLY ask the stone (in your mind) if it is willing to be programmed for your purpose. If you don’t feel resistance, then visualize your programming going into the molecules of the stone. Remember to express your gratitude when you have finished.
How to use crystals:
Wearing: You can put stone in your pocket or purse and meditate on them when the time allows. You can often find pouch necklaces that allow you to wear them around your neck. The good thing about that is you can change them and mix and match as your needs change. You can wear stones in the form of jewelry.
Gemstone Elixer: Add one or more stones that have the properties to suit your needs to a glass of spring water. Allow it to sit over night during a full moon or during the day in the sunlight. Remove the stones (expressing your gratitude for their help) and take a moment to reflect upon the energies you have charged the water with. Drink the water and feel it entering each cell in your body and reaching into your DNA where it can repair and energize problem areas. You will find further instructions on my blog.
Meditation: select stones to help you with the desired outcome of your meditation (relaxation, healing, chakra balancing, channeling etc..). Use you intuition to see where it should be placed (held in your receptive hand, on a chakra, on your 3rd eye). This can become a very complex use so I recommend that you find a book that will you guide you further into meditation and healing with crystals. I offer several which are linked below with the chakra healing information.
Ritual Bath: Select some stones for your bath water. As you soak, feel the energized water soaking into your skin.
In the home: Stones can be placed around the home or office wherever you feel drawn to place them (out of the reach of small children and pets). If you have a collection of small stones that would easily be lost, place them in a bowl, basket or large seashell and sit them on a sunny windowsill.
Chakra Crystal Healing: This is a very detailed subject which I will cover in another post.