Banish Negative Energy
Sometimes, life can be more than we can handle. The last few years have really hit most of us very hard with debt, job loss, a government that doesn’t hear us…. And all the good stuff that goes along w/ depression and stress like relationship and health issues. I have a simple little ritual that can be helpful to anyone no matter what their faith is.
The problem with negative energy is that we tend to focus on it. Lots of people tell you to journal your concerns. I don’t like that practice because you put it down on paper so it’s there to revisit.
First step to getting rid of negative issues like job stress is to stop complaining about it. When you complain with others and talk about it… you feed energy to it. You want to do the opposite. Here is what I do:
1. Write down whatever is bothering you. If you have 5 issues…. Then write them all down. Write down every emotion you feel…. All the facts… names… dates…. how it affected you…. and all that. You can draw pictures or symbols that represent how you feel. You can use crayons or markers with colors. If you want to cry…. Allow some tears to drop on the paper. Whatever you feel…. Anger… sadness… hopelessness… pour that negative energy into the paper as you write.
2. When you are finished, crumple the paper up and light it on fire and put it in a metal bucket or something fireproof to burn. Take great care when doing this part so as not to burn yourself or cause a fire. Also keep smoke detectors in mind. If you have some, then do then burn the paper outside. You want the paper to burn completely so it turns to ashes (purification!).
3. Then carry the ashes to the bathroom and pour them into the toilet.
4. Then pee on them. Yes…. you read that right! Animals mark territories and establish domination by urination. So when you do this step.. don’t just urinate…. Envision yourself showing power over these issues and that your urine is your way to dominate that which has been bothering you.
5. When you are done. You may want to say a prayer asking for spiritual support from god, goddess, guides, ancestors etc… Flush it all away.
You are banishing that negative energy. The trick is to really let it go. If you dwell upon it again, the negative energy will still be present. So flush and forget. You can do this as often that you need to. Sometimes a problem is on-going like a toxic work environment. You probably won’t resolve the work issues with this method right away. BUT… you may learn how not to allow it into your life when you realize that you can discard it. If you can discard it, then you can also choose not to let it in or at least minimize it’s affect on you.
The ability to overcome negative energy is a very powerful tool to have at your disposal.